My Hair History

Okay, so basically the last time my mother cut my hair was when I was 2yrs old. She kept my hair natural most of the time unless there was a special occasion she would relax it then let it transition back to natural. I hated my natural hair not because it was ugly or anything but because it was just soooo damn painful. So when i turned 12 i was given the right to control what happens to my hair and I chose the relaxer route and have never turned back.
However I was young and ignorant really didn't know how to take care of my hair and it used to break so much.
Then i turned 14 and started experimenting with highlights dyes etc and yes, my hair got damaged.
I also used to get cute short bobs and trims to keep my hair shoulder length.
Then finally about 4 years ago in 2012 I decided to start my Healthy Relaxed Hair Journey.

My hair History in pics

My hair History in pics
form 2008 - 2012

my healthy relaxed hair journey

my healthy relaxed hair journey
started it end of 2012- 2015 however in 2014 my hair broke and I had to get a trim

My Afro

My Afro
March 2016

My hair right now

My hair right now
March 2016

Friday 8 July 2016

Sulphate Free Shampoos

Hey beautiful people
A number of people have asked me about sulphate/sulfate free or low sulphate shampoo. So I decided to read up on it and let you guys know information that can help you out when picking a shampoo.

What are Sulfates/Salphates (both spellings are correct)?
  • Ingredients that cause products to foam when they come into contact with water
  • They tend to strip hair of  both its good and bad oils 
How to know if a shampoo contains sulphates.
  • Read the ingredients on the label. If it has Sodium lauryl or laureth (SLS & SLES) or Ammonium lauryl sulphate  (ALS)
Pros of using sulphate free shampoo
  • If you suffer from allergies or skin conditions it is advisable to use a sulfate free shampoo because they are not as harsh on your hair and scalp 
Cons of using sulphate free shampoo 
  • They are a bit pricier 
  • They do not lather as easily because they do not foam as much
  • You will use more product if your hair is long
List of sulphate free shampoos (you can find these in clicks or dischem)
  1. Tresemme Keratin Smooth Shampoo
  2. Tresemme Naturals (low sulphate) 
  3. Dr Miracles Curl Care rehydrating shampoo
  4. Nature's Gate Shampoo
  5. Moroccanoil Clarifying Shampoo
  6. Marc Anthony Sulphate free Shampoo
  7. Reflections Style Innovation Gentle Care Shampoo
  8. Dark and Lovely Au Naturale Anti Shrinkages
  9. Aunt Jackie's Curls & Coils Oh So Clean! Moisturizing &Softening Shampoo
I recently purchased Aunt Jackie's hair products including the shampoo so I'll post a review and tell you guys how I feel about them.
If you know any other suphate free shampoo please do comment below letting me know and I will add them to this list. Thank you

XOX & Take good care of that hair.

2 comments: