My Hair History

Okay, so basically the last time my mother cut my hair was when I was 2yrs old. She kept my hair natural most of the time unless there was a special occasion she would relax it then let it transition back to natural. I hated my natural hair not because it was ugly or anything but because it was just soooo damn painful. So when i turned 12 i was given the right to control what happens to my hair and I chose the relaxer route and have never turned back.
However I was young and ignorant really didn't know how to take care of my hair and it used to break so much.
Then i turned 14 and started experimenting with highlights dyes etc and yes, my hair got damaged.
I also used to get cute short bobs and trims to keep my hair shoulder length.
Then finally about 4 years ago in 2012 I decided to start my Healthy Relaxed Hair Journey.

My hair History in pics

My hair History in pics
form 2008 - 2012

my healthy relaxed hair journey

my healthy relaxed hair journey
started it end of 2012- 2015 however in 2014 my hair broke and I had to get a trim

My Afro

My Afro
March 2016

My hair right now

My hair right now
March 2016

Sunday 29 May 2016

7 tips on how to grow thicker hair

Hey beautiful people. Hope you are all good.
 A number of people have asked me how i got thick hair or for tips on how to grow thicker/fuller hair. So here's a list of 7 tips on how to grow thicker hair. 


  1. Castor oil : Normal castor oil or Black Jamaican Castor oil can be used. Mix it with another oil, Coconut oil, Rosemary, Olive oil, Amla oil etc (pick whichever essential oil you like). Massage the oil to your scalp everyday or every other day. If you want to monitor your results take a pic of your growth/roots (if you have relaxed hair) or your natural hair before you start using the oil and then take another pic after about a month. There is really no need to put the oil on your actual hair just the scalp is fine.  
  2. AVOID HEAT: Try by all means to limit the number of times you blow dry or iron your hair. I hardly ever iron my hair. I'm sure I iron my hair less than 10 times a year ( that's excluding the hair I leave out when I have a weave) Instead of blow drying your hair you can let it air dry if you have time.
  3. Avoid tight hairstyles because they put a lot of tension on your hair which may lead to shedding 
  4. Trim your ends: as much as we want long hair it is also important to have healthy hair. Yes, I know it sucks but it has to be done. Oh, and i know some of us have had people who have cut off a lot more hair than they should have when "Trimming our ends". Find someone you trust to trim those ends. Split ends are not a pretty site and after they are gone your hair will look thicker and healthier
  5. Braid outs and Twist outs make our hair look fuller and thicker.
  6. Protective styling: Braids, weaves, cornrows etc will protect your hair from breaking  and help it grow thicker    
  7. Avoid over processing your hair with dyes and relaxers 

 It is important to know that we all have different hair types and because of that it may be more difficult for some people to get really really thick hair. So lets just be realistic with some of our expectations. However the castor oil has worked for many so please do try it and please show me pictures of your results . I hope these tips help you out.

XOX & Take good care of that hair.

2 comments: